Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school and our 14th day in Chennai. Needless to say my room was whipped into shape at record speed! I take comfort knowing my constituents are only 6 and 7. Perfect!

I am one of 5 teachers on the first grade team. First grade at AISC is 70% ESL... yep you read it right! I have 16 students and the breakdown of the class is as follows:

Italian--1
Korean--6
Swedish--1
French--1
French/Mexican--1
American--2
Japanese--1
English--1
Dutch--1
Chinese--1

Domenic is very excited to be entering 3rd grade. Domenic has 14 students in his class and he is one of the TWO American students. He has already gotten to know his teacher, Mr. Scott. Scott is new to the school but not new to teaching. He moved to Chennai after teaching for 6 years in Thailand. As far as Domenic is concerned he won the lottery. I agree!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to both you and Domenic with your first day of school. I wish I was there to pack you a lunch, to include a nice note. SMILE! It's great Domenic is having such a worldy experience at such a young age. He certainly is a lucky boy! Miss you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't WAIT to hear how your first day goes!! Good luck... Love to both of you.
    Colleen.

    ReplyDelete